Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) is one of the leading technical universities in Palestine. The University was founded in 1978 by the University Graduates Union which is a non-profit organization in the Hebron district. The primary mission of the university is to emphasize high quality vocational and technical engineering education. This is achieved by providing students with practical knowledge to help them acquire an up-to-date experience directly related to their disciplines.The university is currently offering two-year diploma degree, Bachelor degree in most science and engineering disciplines, and Masters degree in selective fields.
PPU is officially recognized by the Palestinian Ministry of Higher Education and it is an active member in the Rector Conference of Palestinian Universities.
There are over 6000 students enrolled in the various areas of specialization at PPU during the academic year 2011-2012. PPU dedicates particular attention and commitment to enhance its relationship with the local community by identifying potential community priorities and needs. It also promotes certain diverse services, strategies and programs to meet these priorities and needs.
Towards a Science, Technology, and Innovation Entrepreneurial University by the year 2016.
- To graduate qualified labor forces able to make a positive change and fulfill the needs and requirements of the community in scientific, technological, and research fields.
- To provide innovative ideas and solutions.
- To strengthen the role of the scientific research and development in accomplishing sustainable and substantial national growth. To attract qualified and ranked human resources.
- To reform the university environment and atmosphere.
Main objectives :
- Assuring quality in academic programs. Assuring quality in administrative issues. Encouraging the scientific research.
- Communicating efficiently with local community. Achieving full financial self – dependency.
- Enhancing the university atmosphere and the extracurricular activities.